Education

August 9, 2018
Approximately 12.4% of women in the United States...
Approximately 12.4% of women in the United States develop breast cancer at some point in their lives. Frightening as this statistic is, it’s encouraging to look at it from the other point of view that 87.6% of women...
August 5, 2018
Certain inherited genetic mutations increase the risk...
Certain inherited genetic mutations increase the risk of breast cancer. Of these, the most common are mutations to the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. Here we’ll explore the difference between BRCA1 and BRCA2, and why the...
August 2, 2018
Cancer and its treatment can disrupt normal eating...
Cancer and its treatment can disrupt normal eating patterns. A loss of appetite is common and one’s body may not tolerate certain foods as well as it normally would. These changes in how an individual’s body...
October 1, 2017
Hereditary Cancer Family Health History Month. Know...
Hereditary Cancer Family Health History Month. Know your history so you can know your risks.   This brief questionnaire will help you determine whether you should be further evaluated for Hereditary Breast and...