You’ve received your myRisk® kit, now what? The three steps listed below will instruct you on what to do with your myRisk test kit, and how to ship it back to Myriad.
Step 1: Getting ready to collect your sample
Your myRisk kit should include the following:
- A Test Request Form
- A plastic container with your sample collection tube with an attached funnel and small tube cap.
- A prepaid Myriad shipping bag
**It’s important that you keep your kit box as you will use it to ship back to your sample**
Step 2: Collect Your Sample
- Open clear plastic box and remove collection tube
- Date your Test Request Form at the top and bottom
- Write name and date of birth on the white space on your collection tube with a pen or fine point marker
- Spit into tube until the amount of saliva (not bubbles) reaches to fill line
- Close lid on funnel until a loud click is heard
- Unscrew funnel from top of tube
- Use small cap to close tube tightly
- Shake closed tube for at least 5 secconds
- Place your labeled tube back into the small clear plastic box
Step 3: Mailing Your Sample
Before mailing remember to label your sample with your name and date of birth and write the date you collected your sample on the top of the Myriad Test Request Form. Proper sample identification that matches the TRF is required to perform the test.
- Remove plastic shipping bag and mailing label from test kit
- Place your sample and test request form into the test kit
- Close the test box and place it into the provided plastic bag and seal shut with adhesive strip
- Drop the kit into any USPS mailbox
For questions regarding collection steps, shipping, or the status of your test, please contact customer service at 1-800-469-7423 or visit https://myriadmyrisk.com/sample-collection/.
All content provided on this website, including any blog entry, is for informational and educational purposes only. This content is largely taken from other sources, including the links listed throughout this site. The owner of this website makes no representations and expressly disclaims any warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the continuing availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. If a medical question or situation arises, consult your medical provider.