You’ve received your myRisk® kit, now what? The three steps listed below will instruct you on what to do with your myRisk test kit, and how to ship it back to Myriad.
Step 1: Getting ready to collect your sample
Your myRisk kit should include the following:
- A Test Request Form
- A plastic container with your sample collection tube with an attached funnel and small tube cap.
- A prepaid Myriad shipping bag
**It’s important that you keep your kit box as you will use it to ship back to your sample**
Step 2: Collect Your Sample
- Open clear plastic box and remove collection tube
- Date your Test Request Form at the top and bottom
- Write name and date of birth on the white space on your collection tube with a pen or fine point marker
- Spit into tube until the amount of saliva (not bubbles) reaches to fill line
- Close lid on funnel until a loud click is heard
- Unscrew funnel from top of tube
- Use small cap to close tube tightly
- Shake closed tube for at least 5 secconds
- Place your labeled tube back into the small clear plastic box
Step 3: Mailing Your Sample
Before mailing remember to label your sample with your name and date of birth and write the date you collected your sample on the top of the Myriad Test Request Form. Proper sample identification that matches the TRF is required to perform the test.
- Remove plastic shipping bag and mailing label from test kit
- Place your sample and test request form into the test kit
- Close the test box and place it into the provided plastic bag and seal shut with adhesive strip
- Drop the kit into any USPS mailbox
For questions regarding collection steps, shipping, or the status of your test, please contact customer service at 1-800-469-7423 or visit https://myriadmyrisk.com/sample-collection/.