"Accurate knowledge of cancer risk. Actionable direction for patient management"
A scientific advancement that will revolutionize hereditary cancer testing and patient care
By testing with Myriad myRiskâ„˘, youâ€™ve just taken an important step in learning whether you are at increased risk for hereditary cancer and the management steps that can lower your risk.
Myriad myRisk hereditary cancer panel combines your genetic information with the personal and family history you give your provider to determine your hereditary cancer risk.
About Myriadâ€™s myRiskâ„˘ hereditary cancer test
- Evaluates clinically actionable gene mutations associated with a focus on eight cancer sites
- Blends genetic test status AND personal/family cancer history into clinically actionable risk assessment and follow-up
Myriad delivers unsurpassed analysis and interpretation
- Only Myriad has performed over one million patient genetic tests over 15 years
- Proprietary methodologies to interpret gene mutations other labs cannot offer
Personal and family history is KEY for
- Appropriate patient identification for testing
- Patient management recommendations, especially for those testing negative
A lifetime commitment from Myriad
- Affordable update testing will be available to those patients who have previously tested with Myriad
- Myriad commits to being at the forefront of genetics and provide updates to reports as needed
When Myriad myRisk was launched in 2013, it became the first test to analyze a patientâ€™s genetic test status and clinical/family history, and represented the next-generation of hereditary cancer testing. With the addition of riskScore, myriad myRisk now provides an even more comprehensive assessment of a patientâ€™s risk for developing breast cancer by blending well-defined highly and moderately penetrant hereditary cancer genes, clinical risk factors, and other genetic markers.
riskScore is a breast cancer risk estimation result that provides some women who have not had breast cancer with a personalized assessment of their 5-year and remaining lifetime breast cancer risk. It can help identify a more accurate and comprehensive lifetime breast cancer risk estimate in individuals who are candidates for hereditary cancer testing. With Myriad's industry leading accuracy, the level of confidence that riskScore provides is unparalleled.
"For the first time, weâ€™re able to give close to 100% of women an answer as to their risk, whether itâ€™s positive or negative for BRCA1 or one of the other dominant susceptibility alleles, More importantly, for those 90% of women who receive a negative genetic test, they now have an answer to their quantifiable risk that enables them to take proactive measures to either diminish their risk for developing a cancer or to identify that cancer at an early and more curable stage."
Jonathan M. Lancaster, M.D.